Veterinary Technician’s Handbook of Laboratory Procedures, 2nd Edition
Practical, quick reference to laboratory test procedures routinely used in the veterinary setting
The Second Edition of Veterinary Technician’s Handbook of Laboratory Procedures provides a significant update and expansion to the First Edition, with larger and better-quality images, more images overall, and significant updates to information and equipment throughout.
New chapters cover topics such as microbiology and parasitology, and the Second Edition newly covers quality assurance in the introductory chapter as well.
Now encompassing topics in all areas of clinical pathology, the book covers procedures in hematology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, microbiology, parasitology, serology, and cytology. A companion website features case studies, crossword puzzles, figures from the book in PowerPoint, and additional figures not found in the book.
In Veterinary Technician’s Handbook of Laboratory Procedures, readers can expect to find helpful information on:
- Laboratory equipment, covering microscopes, centrifuges, refractometers, and chemistry, hematology, and coagulation analyzers
- Blood analysis, covering proper blood collection and handling techniques, blood collection tubes, blood smear preparation and staining, and hematology procedures
- Urinalysis procedures including the physical, chemical and sediment examination
- Cytology sample collection and smear preparation, covering the feather, line, squash, modified squash, and starfish methods, plus microscopic evaluation of cytology slides
- Identification of parasites, covering internal and external, plus protozoans
A helpful guide when performing many common laboratory tests and an excellent companion to full textbooks, Veterinary Technician’s Handbook of Laboratory Procedures is equally useful for veterinary technicians in training and in practice and has been carefully formatted and written to put the information veterinary technicians need at their fingertips. (4e de couverture)